hello

We are-two crazy teenagers-Raven and Beez and on this blog we hope to enlighten you with our hilarious comments on the countless books we have read ;)

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Beez: Divergent (Divergent#1) 
Veronica Roth



In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

I. cannot. wait. for. tomorrow.
I'm getting INSURGENT.
This book was a-mazing.
Why didn't i read it before? What was i waiting for?? And you -yes i'm talking to you reader- if you haven't read it yourself then i'm ordering you to haul your ass and just read it already. Read, Read, Read.

The reason i read this book because i happened to find Insurgent at the library and flipped out which ended in me reserving it. And since Insurgent is the second book(which i'm getting tomorrow!!) i had to read Divergent first. And i don't even have an atom size reget except for the regret that i din't read it before. But just as well. Since now i get to read Insurgent as a book book i couldn't be more happier.

As the summary already tells you, there are five factions. Abnegation, Dauntless, Candor, Amity and Erudite. I am a true Dauntless. Because lets face it i can't be Candor- I'm a humongous lier. Abnegation- I am outright selfish and i would die rather than live as Abnegation. Erudite- I think my grades provide enough explanation. Amity- I enjoy fighting.
That leaves Dauntless. That's me. I'm (sorta) fearless. I love doing dangerous and new things. And I'm a lunatic. Dauntless, no doubt.

The ending is so amazing. I was gasping for more. My heart was pounding -thuk, thuk- when Tris goes to the control room. I can't spoil what happens in the control room.

I find it impossible to believe that while everything was happening with Tobias and Tris, my stupid sister was playing with the neighbors and my mother was chatting with her friend when i was in the middle of soo much. Noooooo. I din't want the book to get over. Tris. Tobias.

After the part that Tobias kisses her in the control room i think i hopped around for a minute with happiness.
Umm... random.

This book in some ways reminds me about The hunger games. Its in the future and its both a struggle against life styles. They're both powerful books. They have those amazing breath stilling, heart wrenching and slow motion moments. When you can neither make out whether its day or night. You're soo lost in the book and every thing else just bounces off you skull. I live for those moments.

The characters in these books are complex. My favorite is no doubt Tobias otherwise known as Four(i'll let you find out why he's called four). He's so fearless, strong and mysterious. And in ways unknown to man he is also slightly a romantic. I knew knew knew the guy was going to be Four when i read the line 'the corners of his lips twitched into a slight smile'. Tris and Tobias remind me about Dmitri and Rose from Vampire Academy. So fierce and passionate and both are between instructor and the person who is being instructed. 

Tris. 
Words fail me.

The other character i liked was Caleb, Tris's bro. He's so kind an caring. I hope he never dies. I hope he finds a pretty, blond girl(like Erin Moriarty in kings of summer) who loves him ferociously. 

I have huuge expectations for the next book. And i'm jumping for it. I don't think i would be able to survive if i were not getting it tomorrow. All i can think is one more day, that's it only one more day and i shall get INSURGENT!!

I cannot wait for the movie. I totally blinded myself from all movie news because i wanted to read it first but i got a glimpse that it was due in 2014!! Soo long. 2014 is a year much awaited for. Split second, Vampire Academy, Divergent etc...
That's a good thing because i desperately need something to keep me going.
Waiting.

I'm a little devastated that this book is over. Only 24 hours or less...

Read, Read, Read, Read!!

Lots of love and hamburgers
Beez.

No comments:

Post a Comment