hello

We are-two crazy teenagers-Raven and Beez and on this blog we hope to enlighten you with our hilarious comments on the countless books we have read ;)

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Raven: Harry Potter and the half-blood prince

An awesome book by J.K.Rowling

Publication date: September 16th, 2005
Publisher: Bloomsbury/Scholastic Press
Pages: 480
Targeted Audience: Due its awesomeness I think it is general.

Summary: The war against Voldemort is not going well; even the Muggle governments are noticing. Ron scans the obituary pages of the Daily Prophet, looking for familiar names. Dumbledore is absent from Hogwarts for long stretches of time, and the Order of the Phoenix has already suffered losses. 

And yet, as with all wars, life goes on. Sixth-year students learn to Apparate—and lose a few eyebrows in the process. Teenagers flirt and fight and fall in love. Classes are never straightforward, though Harry receives some extraordinary help from the mysterious Half-Blood Prince.

So it's the home front that takes center stage in the multilayered sixth installment of the story of Harry Potter. Here at Hogwarts, Harry will search for the full and complex story of the boy who became Lord Voldemort—and thereby find what may be his only vulnerability.


Okay before you guys say anything let me make one thing clear. I know that the whole world has read this book and nobody would even want a review for something this awesome but you see, I have to do it. I love this series and it's not going away from me without at least a review.

So I started reading this series three months ago (yeah yeah I am stupid whatever). I was never actually interested in reading the books. I had seen all first five movies and half of the sixth one when I realised that I had to read the books to really grasp it all.

And so it began. The end of my normal life but the beginning of one so much more cooler. As I read on I realised how stupid I had been for not even thinking of reading it when the HP books were all around me because my whole class had read it and Beez was annoyed with me reading it now! when the hype about everything was over, the books, the movies, everything but I still read on and now I am obsessed.

This book is great. Everything from character building to the plot is perfect! I wish J.K.Rowling would come to me personally and smack my face for not having read this earlier.

If someone out there has still not read it, then read it, from the first book to the last and trust me you will never ever regret having read it. It's a fantasy that is out of any of our imagination! 

I love how finally we find out Voldemort's weaknesses and the ending is just fabulous, I was sobbing for half an hour after the book was over and also laughing hysterically when I remembered all the punch lines that were in the book. 

I rate it a 5 on 5. The best thing that has ever happened to me. I am officially a potterhead!!

Lots of love and pasta,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment